Customers are visually attracted to a dessert item first even before they consider the price, taste or calories! It is very important that your products are photographed to stand out and capture the buyer’s attention.
The product images uploaded on Sugarplate must follow the following guidelines:
- The full product must be in the frame.
- The image must be in color and in JPEG or PNG format.
- The image must be square and at least 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels.
- The image must be in focus and well lit.
- The background must be clean, white if possible, and free of clutter.
- AVOID photographing objects with granite countertop as background.
- Products must be taken out of their boxes and wrappers before photographing them.
- Product images must be free of graphics and texts. Props like silverware, flowers, candles etc are not recommended.
Some tips for taking beautiful clean images:
- Remove all distracting objects from the field of view, for example kitchen utensils, cutting boards, vases etc.
- Remove all wrappers, boxes and packaging from the product.
- Use a simple light box to control the light on your product. You can easily make one using foam boards from your local dollar store, and some table lamps. This will prevent unnecessary shadows and dark spots on the image.
- The resulting image will be well illuminated and clear and is more likely to grab the buyer’s attention.